There has been a renewed interest in Absinthe liquor around the world during the last decade since Absinthe’s legalization in several countries. Absinthe, also referred to as the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte, merely has been legal in the USA since 2007, and just certain brands could be sold, so there’s much absinthe spoons interest in the liquor in the US.
Precisely What is Absinthe Liquor About?
Absinthe is actually a distilled anise flavored spirit that was designed for medicinal purposes as an elixir or tonic by way of the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland. It has become popular in Switzerland and France in the 19th and early 20th centuries and even overtook wine in popularity in France.
Absinthe is generally produced from a wine base and is flavored with herbs. Its major herbal ingredients are standard wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), giving Absinthe its name and its bitter taste, aniseed and fennel. Other common herbs employed in the production of Absinthe consist of hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice.
There are numerous types of Absinthe liquor:-
– Verte – This is actually the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe popular with the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and consumed by artists and writers such as Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
– La Blueu – Also known as La Blanche. It is a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was clear throughout the ban.
– Czech Style Absinth – Some Czech Absinthes are standard Absinthes but this term describes “Absinths” that happen to be actually wormwood bitters and don’t come with an anise flavor.
– Absenta – Spanish Absinthe which includes a sweeter flavor since it is made out of Alicante Anise.
– Rouge or Rose Absinthe – This Absinthe has a naturally red colorization as a result of additional ingredient of hibiscus flowers.
You can buy many types and designs of Absinthe online – standard styles and modern classics that are based upon vintage Absinthes but have a modern twist.
In addition to buying these different types of Absinthe beverages, it’s also possible to create your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.com supply essences on the Absinthe industry and to consumers. They create 4 different essences – a vintage green Absinthe essence, a clear Absinthe essence, a strong essence that produces an Absinthe with a stronger bitter wormwood flavor, as well as an orange flavored essence that is flavored with orange oil and constitutes a lovely orange-yellow colored Absinthe. All of the essences are created using top-quality herbs and so are distilled so you need not concern yourself with distilling, simply use the internet and after that mix with vodka or Everclear on your own wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell Absinthiana such as replicas of popular Absinthe glasses and spoons like the Eiffel Tower spoon.
Absinthe is an extremely strong liquor, approximately 75% alcohol by volume, and is also much superior than whisky or vodka. Care ought to be taken when consuming such a strong spirit particularly if it is being combined with other strong spirits in cocktails – it is extremely very easy to get drunk on Absinthe!
There are not many drinks like Absinthe liquor about which there are several myths, legends, lies and falsehoods – it comes with a very colorful and interesting history and is a beautiful beverage to savor.