There’s been a renewed interest in Absinthe liquor around the world during the last decade since Absinthe’s legalization in numerous countries. Absinthe, also referred to as the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte, merely has been legal in America since 2007, and only certain brands may be sold, so there’s much curiosity about the liquor in the US.
What on Earth is Absinthe Liquor About?
Absinthe is a distilled anise flavored spirit which has been created for medicinal purposes being an elixir or tonic by the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland http://absinthesoldinusa.com. It became popular in Switzerland and France in the 19th and early 20th centuries as well as overtook wine in recognition in France.
Absinthe is normally made from a wine base and is particularly flavored with herbs. Its principal herbal ingredients are common wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), which provides Absinthe its name as well as its bitter taste, aniseed and fennel. Other common herbs employed in the creation of Absinthe include hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice.
There are various kinds of Absinthe liquor:-
– Verte – This is the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe popular with the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and consumed by artists and writers like Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
– La Blueu – Also known as La Blanche. It is a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was clear throughout the ban.
– Czech Style Absinth – Some Czech Absinthes are standard Absinthes but this term refers to “Absinths” that are actually wormwood bitters and don’t have an anise flavor.
– Absenta – Spanish Absinthe which includes a sweeter flavor because it’s constructed with Alicante Anise.
– Rouge or Rose Absinthe – This Absinthe includes a naturally red color because of the extra ingredient of hibiscus flowers.
You can purchase many types and fashions of Absinthe online – traditional styles and modern classics which are based upon vintage Absinthes but have a modern twist.
As well as buying these various kinds of Absinthe beverages, it’s also possible to create your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.com supply essences to the Absinthe industry as well as consumers. They make 4 different essences – a classic green Absinthe essence, a clear Absinthe essence, a substantial essence that makes an Absinthe with a more powerful bitter wormwood flavor, as well as an orange flavored essence that’s flavored with orange oil and makes a lovely orange-yellow colored Absinthe. All the essences are made using top-quality herbs and are also distilled so you need not be worried about distilling, simply order online and then mix with vodka or Everclear on your own wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell Absinthiana like replicas of famous Absinthe glasses and spoons like the Eiffel Tower spoon.
Absinthe is definitely a strong alcoholic drink, up to 75% alcohol by volume, and is stronger than whisky or vodka resources. Care must be taken when ingesting such a strong spirit particularly if it is being blended with other strong spirits in cocktails – it is very very easy to get drunk on Absinthe!
There are hardly any drinks like Absinthe liquor about which there are lots of myths, legends, lies and falsehoods – it has a very colorful and interesting history and is a beautiful beverage to savor.